Have you ever met anyone you met on line?

Just curious. I have been talking to my CM friend I met on here for almost 2-1/2 years and I am finally going to meet her and her family. I am bringing my son and husband but seem to be getting only negative reactions from People that I tell. I know the internet CAN BE scary... but I feel like I really know her and her family even though we've only emailed, send letters, cards, gifts etc.. Has any one else met their CM Friend or internet friend?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• This is my favorite question to answer. lol. I have met probably about 30 people in real life, that I met online. The worst experience: a CafeMom I met in Georgia in 2008. She seemed normal..we hung out once, everything was good. Then she turned all self-absorbed not long after we met, and when I called her out, she got all psycho. I told her to piss off, tossed her crazy ass to the curb, she couldn't handle it, and started insulting my Son and Husband via her myspace status (I had already defriended her and went to her page to block her, saw the status). She is STILL stalking me, which is why I had to get yet another new CafeMom account (this one) after only having my second one (the last one I had made to get away from her the first time) for a year. Insane, right? So far, so good - haven't had to deal with her since getting this one. *knocks on wood* I actually met another CM on Halloween, but I guess I wasn't good (cont)
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• LOL Yep....and then...(hold on to your seat....) I MARRIED HIM 2 years later! back when the whole meeting someone on line was a terrible NO NO...in fact my friend made me cancel our first meeting plan because he happened to be going out of town and if things went wrong he couldnt come and resuce me! (need i mention this was beffore everyone had a cell phone too!) However 11 years later it was the BEST decision I have made hes a great guy, hubby and daddy!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• enough for her, cause she hasn't talked to me much since. *shrug*

BUT - my BEST experience was with my wonderful and sexy Husband. We met online in mid-September 2004, fell In Love within a month, and He paid for my plane ticket to move me out to Georgia (from New Mexico) so We could be Together. I moved out there on December 11, 2004..Proposed to Him the night He deployed to Iraq (January 25, 2005), and We got Married during His mid-tour R&R (on August 22, 2005). Two weeks after celebrating Our 1st Wedding Anniversary, We conceived Our perfect Son - but didn't find out until 5 weeks later, lol. We are still Crazy In Love, the epitome of Soulmates, and true Best Friends..and We couldn't be happier! The Internet really does work in mysterious ways.. =D
    -AJ

• ya
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I think 2 1/2 years is a looong time for an online friendship. Because it's so easy to let the contact die off. I think it's great that you're going. And it;s not scary at all if you're not going alone. Hope you're having a wonderful time. Do a journal post how you liked it when you come back.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I've not met any cm friends, but I got similar reactions the first time I was going to meet Ben with him coming to Ohio and again when I moved out to Utah to live with his parents and hadn't met them. Ben and I were married four hears agobso I think things are good.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 4:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• almost. :0( My mother made a VERY good friend online and I became friends with her too. We live in Ga. and she was in Ca. They were finally going to meet at my wedding but about a month before the trip she had a flair up of her diatuclitis (sp) which turned out to be colon cancer. She had surgery shortly after but it had spread. she passed away 3 months before my first child was born. the last thing we talked about was that it was a boy what I was going to name him.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• yes i invited someone i met on facebook that was local that i had been talking with for a few months over and i wish i never had : ( but i also met my bestie on CM and met her so its all good- i think after that long of a time you should know her by now....
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Yes, we got a long great on here, but in real life she was a stuck up B
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Oh I also met my husband online as well as my ex, my ex and I were together for 4 yrs
    mommy_of_two388