How do I handle seeing someone who broke my heart less than a week ago?

I was dating a guy for almost 3 months and I know that isn't a long time but he treated me better than any guy I've been with including my ex-husband and I really liked him; however he apparently didn't feel anything at all for me and has re-developed feelings for one of his ex's after she got dumped by her husband and even though his ex doesn't want him back he doesn't want to keep hurting me by being with me when his heart belongs to someone else. A part of me understands why he ended things and another part wants to punch him in the face for being a tool. He dumped me just two days ago and this weekend I'll have to see him again - we have a mutual friend whose daughter is turning 7 and even though I came up with the party plans I know my friend's kids are friends with my ex's kid and I sorta want my ex to be there so I can show him that I'm ok - even though I'm not but I'm usually good at hiding my emotions (I despise my ex-husband's girlfriend but I have no problem playing nice when she's around) and my friend told me she'd do her best to help distract my brain from thinking only of how much I miss the stupid jerk. I don't want to tell my friend to tell my ex not to come because then he'll know how much his dumping me is affecting me, and like I said his kid is friends with my friend's kids, and I don't want to not go to the party because I'm putting money into it and I've been friends with her for 14 years and I've never missed one of her kid's birthdays.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds like a lot of drama to me I probably wouldn't go so my friend and her family didn't have to feel uncomfortable.
    Anonymous

• I'd go and conduct myself with dignity - 3 months is really not a long time in the grand scheme of things.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Beauty I would stay away the wife might not like you being there.lol
    Anonymous

• I don't understand the last answer - there is no wife involved, the only people that will be at the party is my friend, her 3 kids, my ex and his kid, and me and my 2 kids
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Just to clarify my ex isn't dating his ex - they broke up more than 4 years ago and she is still friends with my ex so when her husband left her she leaned on her friends for support (not just my ex, she's been getting help from her other friends and family too). She isn't interested in getting back with him, she considers him a friend and nothing more but of course he's an idiot and I'm assuming he's hoping she'll have a changed of heart and want him back but she told me and my other friend that she's not interested in having a relationship with anyone and as far as a casual sexual relationship she doesn't want that with my ex either - she's still in love with her husband and he up and left her without warning and took their 2 year old son and is trying to get full custody of him so she's an emotional wreck right now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• he has moved on and so should you
    cook224

Answer by cook224 at 9:10 AM on Jan. 20, 2011