Anyone had Low Progestrone in early pregnancy and had a GOOD turn out?

I had my HCG and Progestrone levels checked yesterday. I'm about 5 weeks pregnant and my progestrone level was only 3.9 but they said it should be AT LEAST 9 and preferably over 11.

My HCG was 441 which is within the normal range for 5 weeks. We'll see if it doubles in 48 hours. My next draw is at 4pm tomorrow.

I'm going in tomorrow to see about a progestrone supplement or something but I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone and they had a GOOD outcome.

Should I just prepare myself for losing the baby or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had low progesterone with my 3rd confirmed pregnancy. I didn't take the progesterone supplements because I was concerned about the risk of birth defects.

He'll be 12 in April.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• How low was your progestrone?

Did it rise on it's own or did you do something natural to help it? If it did rise on it's own....how long did it take?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I had low progesterone and took Prometrium until my second trimester. My baby is now 5 years old. Good luck!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• When you all had low progestrone were your HCG levels still doubling like they were supposed to?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Yes. Mine was even higher than doubling. My HCG was 111 on 11 dpo, 334 on 13 dpo, and 4310 on 19 dpo.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:00 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Ok. Thank you.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Been on progesterone shots for all my pregnancies. All my babies are fine. Progesterone is a necessary hormone to maintain a pregnancy. You may only need it for the first trimester or you may need it longer. It just depends. Try to avoid the suppository form though. I found it to be too messy and most of it leaked out.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• can i ask the turnout for this? (if you still check this q) bc my levels on march 15 were 3.9 and my hcg doubled fine, over 3600. what was/is your outcome. feel free to message me if you can. i would appreciate it. i go in on friday for u/s to see if we can see something on the scan :)
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I lost my baby 2 days after I posted this.

It was a very devestating experience. I found out yesterday I am pregnant again and hoping for the best.

I wish you the best of luck.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• thank you, did your numbers double from your lab draw? i find out friday something at least. the waiting is killing me as i am sure it is you if you just found you are pg again. congrats btw. i don't know if you have any other kids but i will tell you that i had a m/c and went to have a normal pg with my son. i hope that helps to calm any fears you have. thanks again for answering.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 22, 2011