Occupying my sons time

I am breastfeeding my dd, but I want to ebf but can't because of my 2yr old. Everytime I am nursing he will do something he has no business doing. I spending so much time trying to get him out of things and fussing then I do bf. Because of this I only bf early in the morning while he is sleep or late at night. I can't even pump when he is around. I have tried letting him watch his favorite shows or playing with his toys, but with no such luck. I know he is doing this on purpose. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. I am scared that my milk supply will decreas because of this. I breastfeed twice a day and pump once a day. And no there is no one to help me out with him.

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 4:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Breastfeed while wearing your daughter in a sling? That way you can still be active with your son.
    Anonymous

• If you get one of those hands-free pumping bras, you might be able to pump while you are feeding him (if he sits still for meals). Do you have the kind of pump that goes on both boobs or just one at a time? Both is much faster of course. Is there a room where he can't really get into too much trouble but he enjoys playing (like maybe his room)? You could try to sit on the floor and feed your daughter while he's playing there too. If he is jealous of the physical contact his sister is getting, you could try cuddling with him first (until he's tired of it and wants you to leave him alone), and then feeding her. Hope this helps!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 9:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2011