How do I tell my mom that I am moving??

Ok for one I am 20 years old with a 2 month old son. And yes we live with my parents(for a few different reasons). Well me and my DS's father have decided to work things out for our boys and because we love each other more then we realized. Well he lives in San Diego and I live in Yuma(its about 162 miles apart). And to work things out I want to move up there with him but my family do not like him at all, and I know my mom with talk major S**T when I tell her what I plan on doing. And yes I am very scared of telling her because she can be very hurtful in more ways then one when something happens that she doesnt like. I know the best bet would to be just sit her down and tell her but I am honestly terrified of doing this. So how would you do it??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 5:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Your mother will hopefully realize that it is your life and those are your kids.She may think that getting back with your kids father is a mistake but she has to allow you to make your own choices for your family.I hope that she will try and be understanding and at the same time maybe try and go easy on your mother because you would be moving a decent distance away and i'm sure she has a big bond with her grandchildren.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Just tell her you're giving it a shot for your DS. Every child deserves to have both parents in their life and she will most likely understand that.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Terrified or not sitter her down will be the best way to do it. There really is not 'good' way to tell someone something they don't want to hear. Just don't beat around the bush get it out let her rant while you sit and listen then answer her concerns calmly to the best of your ability.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Gently...although you will be starting a life of your own i am sure that your mom is going to miss you and your LO~ Do it in perdon and maybe give her a card as well to say thankyou for all she has done in lettoinig youstay and in it put a gas card an an invite for her to come down and visit when you are established! She will miss you and be glad you are only 160 miles away it could be moire
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2011