need some help

my daughter is 14 months old and i am wondering how do you know when to which to a toddler bed

mommy033

Asked by mommy033 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i have the same question.. my son is 16 months but he fights to go on the crib.. i think im going to switch him for a toodler bed this weekend to see how does he reacts.. is someone have an aswer for this let me kknow .
    bryanmommy17

Answer by bryanmommy17 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My nana always said 2 summers :) that is what I did and it worked out great! If she is trying to get out of the crib does not mean she will def get out of a bed, she prob just doesn't like the bars anymore :) My son was grawling over the crib- it was way safer for him to fall out of a bed than the top of a crib! :) Good Luck!
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 2:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• no set rule. If they are climbing out of the crib, it's a good time to change. If they roll all over the place in the crib, may not be ready yet. If potty training, it might help for them to get out of bed on their own to go. It's more about what you are comfortable with. My dd is 18 months and still in her crib.
    http://www.babycenter.com/404_how-and-when-should-i-move-my-toddler-from-a-crib-to-a-bed_4598.bc
    Anonymous

• i wondered that myself everyone said when they start climbing out. my twins are 19 months and went to toddler beds last week. they werent climbing out of their cribs yet but they could climb out of the pack n plays they slept in at my moms, so we decided it was time to switch them. i just did the same routine i always did but they went to beds instead of cribs. elizabeth did fine but emma had a cow. i had to rock her for a while the first night but after that she got better and better and after about 3 days she was fine. she crawls in bed now and waits for me to tuck her in.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Well my inlaws had this bright idea of buying my son a toddler bed at 6 months for christmas and since we lived with them my hubby decided to keep the peace we'd put him it. surrounded it with bean bags and pillows and it turned out til the time he hit one he preferred to cuddle up in the bean bag with the dog. Now he's the only 2 year old i know that hates the toddler bed but loves the middle of our old queen size that we put in his room. So the way i see it your child will let you know.
    memoryann121

Answer by memoryann121 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2008