I really need this...

We're planning to move this summer or fall back to our hometown after 5years. I miss my family so much. My husbands6 yr old from a previous relationship lives back there also and I feel like we're missing out on alot with her growing up and us being almost 2 hours away. I feel so bad for my cousin who also lives back at home she's like my sister our kids are 4 months apart. She's been married for 10 years and hobby brought his mistress to their house drunk last week. He and the mistress planned on leaving each others spouse to be together and get their divorce. He had been seeing this woman since October and their 9 year old witnessed his dad bringing another woman to the house and my cousin having a mental break down. My cousins hubby told the other woman to go back to her family and they also work together. I feel like I have too many people back at home who need me to not move, I think I would be 110% happier too. Where we live now, I like it but our family isn't here and I don't have many friends. What would be youlls advice on my cousins situation???

mszh2010

Asked by mszh2010 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

Level 3 (-1 Credits)
  • Can't she pack up her kid/s and move back home too.

Answer by louise2 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Can't she move too? Also, as harsh as it may sound, it isn't your responsibility to heal the rift in her family. You have to put the interests of your immediate family first. You could even set up back home and then make a space for her to come to.
    Awakened1

Answer by Awakened1 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• She lives back at home, I'm just wanting some advice for her. I feel so bad because I can't be there for her.
    mszh2010

Comment by mszh2010 (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• She doesn't live with me, she has her own house in our hometown. I'm wanting to move back because I miss my family, but I have to wait until I finish college this summer.
    mszh2010

Comment by mszh2010 (original poster) at 5:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Is she getting out of her marriage or is she looking for advice on how to look past it?
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 6:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I don't think she knows what to do, but I believe she is going to try to work it out.
    mszh2010

Comment by mszh2010 (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I would tell her to leave her husband after what he did
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 5:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Ehh... I understand that this is your family but its her drama, you have your own family and marriage to worry about just be there for her when she needs a shoulder to cry on or a listening ear
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2011