went to doctor today im 39 weeks and 75% effaced and 1 cm.. babys head is all the way down and cervix is ready anyone know how to make myself dialate?

datgurlmeggy

Asked by datgurlmeggy at 5:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You'll go into labor when your body AND the baby are ready.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• have some sex and once you're done with that get up and move move move, work out, go running, do some squats, just move
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• just letting you know that worked for me the first time at exactly 39 weeks, i had a midwife appt the day before and she said the next day i could start trying to naturally induce labor, so i did and it worked
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• thanks momofone
    datgurlmeggy

Comment by datgurlmeggy (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• walking or sex
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Don't know, my body never did it by myself. Good luck it will be soon so get everything else ready.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Sex worked for me all three times.....Good luck and Congrats!!!
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Sex or massage. Good luck!
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 9:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Unfortunately nothing helped me with my first pregnancy and I was so ready. With my second pregnancy I would have contractions with in an hour from having sex. So the day I went into labor I when my dh came home from lunch I took him to the bedroom, worked and walked around all day and by 5 when he got off work I said we need to go to the hospital, baby was born the next day.

With my first, i tried walking, sex, work outs, everything nothing worked, my water broke in bed after going to the bathroom. Baby must have finally ran out of room.

Good Luck, just think - not much longer and you will get to hold that dear little baby!!!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2011