yeast infection or what? >.

Ok so I've never had a yeast infection before, just a UTI a couple times and once had a vaginal infection. but it's kinda itchy and raw feeling down there, plus there's an odd odor. I go to the doc on friday but does that sound like what that could be? also I'm 37 wks and last week they did my cultures, would that pick up like an infection too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sounds like a yeast infecton my dear!!
    Good Luck!
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 2:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• so would they find that on my cultures, cause I know they test for strep b and some other sthuff... or do I have to ask him about it friday? >.<
    Anonymous

• Ask him for sure on Friday, though he *may* notice, anyway! It could be any number of things, so make sure you point out the symptoms you've been having. The more info he has, the better he can treat you.

Here's to not being smelly and itchy anymore! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• It could either be a yeast infection or Bacterial Vaginosis(aka BV) I got that a few times when I was pregnant. Either way they'll be able to tell you
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• And Yes, it should pick that up. I hate just a yearly pap and they called me few days later to tell me that I had a yeast infection.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• thats DEFINITLY a yeast infection...in the beginning of my pregnancy i had about 4 yeast infections and they it turned into a UTI...its brutal

They'll definitly tell..even when you explain how it feels they'll deff say its a YI
    Anonymous