Who feels overwhelmed with the holidays and all the shoppping? Do you go over-board?

Holiday shopping is ver frustrating to me. Too many people in the stores, maybe considering shopping online this year...

reality-5

Asked by reality-5 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Shopping

• Go online dear. This year I have a 4 1/2 year old, an 18 month old and my third is due just after Christmas. I ordered all the boys presents online already, $10 shipping. With the price of gas and cost of frustrations is way cheaper than trying to GO to Toys'r'us and do it in person.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 2:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I shop online. and we scaled back years ago. people spend way too much money around the holidays. if you (collective you, not direct you) actually think Christmas will be ruined if your kid doesn't get an x-box, then you need to either seriously reflect on your own expectations, or those of your children. how good or bad your holiday is will be totally up to you and your family. it's not about expensive presents, it's about spending time with each other and enjoying a celebration of family and of the birth of Christ.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I feel overwhelmed but love the chaos too!
    madmomof5

Answer by madmomof5 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• i fell overwhelmed by the holidays but not because of shopping lol... mostly cuz i can't go shopping : )
    Anonymous

• i feel overwhelmed by the holidays but it's because we really don't have the money to have christmas.
    Anonymous

• I do not let the Christmas shopping get to me and I am definitely a last minute shopper. My kids learned from the time they were little that they get what they need first from me and then if we have the extra money, I will splurge a little on the "extras". It really has made my kids quite practical. My son this year wants a Carhart coat and some heavy duty shirts. My kids also know that Mommy has told Santa that there are no video games allowed in our house so they know it's no use to ask for it for Christmas. Anyway, I guess what I am getting at is that my kids already know what to expect from me, along with the rest of our family so it makes the holidays less stressful. I feel people start getting overwhelmed when they are trying to meet everyone else's expectations. Set down and figure out what would make the holidays stressless and happy for you and go with the flow.
    Jen528

Answer by Jen528 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• get over it its only a hoilday
    elle2hot4u

Answer by elle2hot4u at 4:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Why did you feel the need to leave such a negative answer elle2hot4u? Are you angry or upset about life so you take it out on innocent people on the internet?? Gheese........
    reality-5

Answer by reality-5 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2008