Who is on Prozac here.. Can you give me your input?

I need information and advice on Prozac as my teen 18 y/o is on it now. I would like to know how you felt when you first went on it and how it helped/did not help.. I just need information on real life situations.
Do you like it? Or not and why... Thanks.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Health

• It's been years since I took it. But it did nothing for my depression when I did. It did however make it hard to breath & sleep...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i am on prozac and i works for me... it keeps my moods stable and from having the feelings of ups and downs... if you don't mind me asking what is she taking them for and i could probly better answer you question.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I am taking it for depression and I just started about 2 months ago. I works very well for me but I get very dizzy after I take it so I take it before bed at night.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Hated it. It made me crazy. I started crying for no reason. I had to stop taking it ASAP. My dh tried it also and it made him suicidal.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I was on it from 1998-2001. My dose had to be increased to 40 mg a day and I gained a lot of weight on it. It did help with the depression but I got pregnant and stopped taking it. Now I take Lexapro and Wellbutrin together and they work great. Prozac isn't bad. It just takes some getting used to.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I was on it and it did ok for my depression. Celexa worked best, until I developed a tolerance to it.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 7:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2011