Do you ever just break down

and start crying? Then you can't stop and you feel horrible becuase you start thinking about how easy things would be if you hadn't gotten pregnant. I did that today and then cried for about two more hours because I felt so bad for even thinking that. Am I hurting the baby when this happens? I don't have high blood pressure but I'm 9 months pregnant and either always on the verge of tears or crying. I can't help it I'm just never happy no matter what I do.

ours

Asked by ours at 2:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• All the time... we were so unprepared and everything in our life just seemed to fall apart. So I was always breaking down. I was terrified of not being able to keep him safe. But things are better now and my little boy is always a happy healthy boy.
    star_orchid

Answer by star_orchid at 2:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• But I'm not hurting the baby in anyway right? I have an appointment tomorrow and I'm going to ask what I should do, but I guess I just feel really bad right now and want to make sure that he's ok. It would honestly make me feel so much better to know that he's just resting in my belly while everything out here seems like it's falling apart. As long as he's completely unaware of it.
    ours

Answer by ours at 2:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• look at it this way..if you're stressing...so is your baby so why would you want him to stress. it is very important to try to be happy or at least relaxed. it isn't healthy for the baby if you're crying all the time.
    Anonymous

• No Mama, I don't think you're hurting the baby by crying, it's just hurting you! :( Talk to the doctor about it for sure, but I think it's just the all the hormones combined with the stress of being pregnant. It's perfectly normal to feel sad, even when you shouldn't, while pregnant. As long as you're not thinking of hurting anyone and are still able to take care of yourself, you'll get through just fine.

We're all here waiting to cheer you up! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I just don't think I'm good at being pregnant. Once I have him I'm going to just do whatever I can to be a good mom and focus on him. I wouldn't want to get pregnant again and go through all the emotions while he was still young and could see it.

KatieCrandall thank you. :] I just need to have him soon. I need a break from having to go to work and stressing out more (I work for Sprint in the collections department). People start telling me about how they're pregnant or just had babies and don't have any money so I feel bad and don't want to ask them for money, so then my job gets mad at me. If the economy wasn't so bad I'd try to find another job that's more positive but it's too risky right now.
    ours

Answer by ours at 2:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Hun, i think im horrible at being pregnant..i cry all the time because theres a lot of things i cant do now..im young, and i had plans for my life..but when i really think about everything in the end...it makes me so damn excited because now i can include another family member in the things i like to do :]

I want to go to Scotland and go there for a while..and now, i can bring a new addition to the family there :]
    Anonymous

• I am only 19 week and go through that regularly. My son comes up to me and pats me on the back, like his daddy does. That sometimes helps, sometimes makes it worse.
    I would think if your bp isn't raising, then you are fine.
    I feel for you. With my first, I worked at a bank call center, while they were going through a system transfer and everyone was mad. I was so stressed I could barely make it home with out having a panic attack. But I never had high bp and my son was perfectly healthy. If you can get away with it, I would take your maternity leave a week or 2 before your due date and focus on preparing for baby without any extra stress.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2008