Night Potty training.

My 3 year DS is potty trained and uses the toilet all by himself but he still has accidents at night. I've resorted to buying him nighttime Pull-ups. Any tips on how to handle this?

myree85

Asked by myree85 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter is potty trained also, I cut back on fluids 1 hour before bed time. Sometimes she will ask for a drink so I give a sip or two that is it. I asked the ped and he said this night time training can take some time. He said the bladder has to mature and can take up to 5 years of age. If they are still having issues of bed wetting then there is med. for this to train there bladder. I figure this will take some time and I am going to start getting her up at night. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• My cousin has a 3yr old who she is in the process of potty training. He does very well in pull-ups although some times he does have accidents. but at night time she might cut down on giving him something to drink after a certain time and have him wear lil boy panties at night. It started off kind of rough but then he got the idea .. but of course he still has his moments at night in the panties. but thats expected. #Just an Idea (:
    Jan.mommii.

Answer by Jan.mommii. at 6:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• bump for you
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 9:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• With my older kids, it took up to 6 months for them to stay dry through the night. It's a physiological thing - ped is right. DD 5 is just getting potty trained (she has Down syndrome) so I know that night time dryness is a long way off.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 9:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I have a 7 year old still in pull ups at night. Sometimes it just takes longer for a dry night.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2011