what are some safe ways to help labor and delivery easier?

like, i know walking..but, where i live there isn't much of sidewalks and the neighborhood i reside in isn't really a walking area, just to park vehicles and now that my grandfather has just been released from the hospital I dont have much time to walk and prepare myself. I need suggestions ! my due date is getting closer. Im 36 weeks and 4 days, turning 37 Friday.

Jan.mommii.

Asked by Jan.mommii. at 6:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• my sister in law is a birthing and breast feeding instructor she told me to get a birthing ball "yoga ball" and bounce on it when i was just sitting around watching tv or even at the hospital. also she said when giving birth that if you are on all fours"doggie" that it is easier to give birth the doctor just has you on your back because its easy work for them but u can tell them you want to do it a dif way. something about on ur back you have to push harder and longer because the babies head has to come at like an angle as to on all fours its makes a straight away. she also had a water birth with her 2nd daughter and just loved it!! i ended up having to have a csection so didnt get to push at all.
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Thank you so much for the advice (: I have been googling on answers for that specific question and it suggested doing some excersice "i believe squats" (not sure if i spelled that correctly) and walking up & down stairs. and I've tried both but it seems very exhausting after a while. and causes me to have more and more braxton hicks contractions, which i hate the feeling of ! i will def look into the yoga ball and give it a shot.
    Jan.mommii.

Comment by Jan.mommii. (original poster) at 6:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• having sex can help you get going, and during the childbirth just breathe and stay as relaxed as you can. it should help.
    momandytai

Answer by momandytai at 7:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• thanx, i'll def use your advice too lol
    Jan.mommii.

Comment by Jan.mommii. (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Celestial Seasonings Raspberry Zinger Tea. Birthing ball works amazing....and don't forget your Ipod!
    Heatherdm45

Answer by Heatherdm45 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Prenatal Yoga!! Do you have a Wii? Wii Fit has some really easy and safe moves you can do during pregnancy.
    Swimming?
    And while in labor, try water! Tubs or showers.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 8:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2011