Should I take baby to ER?

She will be 1 years old on Jan. 29th, she's been sick for approx. 2 weeks now,...yes I have taken her to the doctors, but he SUCKS!!!! He didn't run any tests on her, asked her to open her mouth and say "aaahhh" for god's sake she's 11 months!!!!! He looked at her for 2 minutes and then he didn't even tell me anything to do,....

she's very, very, very fussy, WILL NOT Sleep to save her life, nose is constantly running, she has a raspy cough (sounds like it hurts!!), she has really bad diahrreah (sp?) too. should I just find a new doctor tomorrow, or take her to the ER tonight?

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• er = yes. can you get to a childrens hospital er? since she's soooo widdle and will need at LEAST a chest xray... assume the worst she'll need to be kept overnight. the "accommodations" and treatment would be better w/ all pediatricians. go go go!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• it might be upper respiratory if shes not running a high fever i would wait and take her to a doctor maybe try a new doctor most er doctors really dont care and are horrible. Has your child run a fever at all?? if so how high??
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 7:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Yes.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i would take her in or call the nurse online. but being that this is gone on for 2 weeks id take her in and find a new doc asap
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Has she had the diarrhea for two weeks? I'd take her in. If your not comfortable with the dr's eval go ahead and take her in. You need your peace and she needs to feel better.

P.S. I'd look for a new dr!!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• just to be on the safe side take her in, better to be safe than sorry.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Keep up fluid intake treat fevers and find a new Dr for the Am
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 8:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I voted up ashiasmom about avoiding an ER visit unless she is dehydrated (pinch her skin, see if it goes down straight away like yours does or if it takes a long time) or unresponsive or with an extremely high temp. ER would probably be a horrible trip, expose her to more germs, and frantic docs working in the middle of the night. So, if you really feel ER is necessary, go. But I DO disagree with ashiasmom about "trust the doc." Definitely get a second opinion, a second opinion never hurt anyone!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• As long as she's not running a fever, I would not take her to the ER, I would just monitor her closely (perhaps call your ped's nurse line to get some recomendations as to what to do to keep her comfy till 2moro) and get on the phone first thing 2moro morning and find a referred ped and take her in!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2011