How horrible is it if I'm not taking my prenatals faithfully?

I'm at least taking one a day (it says to take 2 of the multi-vitamins plus a dha and a calcium) but I have been soooo nauseus I don't always take the RDA.... I'm 11wks.... Is this ok? (I started taking RDA of folic acid a month before I conceived)

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 6:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Millions of women (including myself) have not taken prenatals and have had healthy happy babies...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• not horrible at all. and tell your OB. you can get liquid and mix into what food/drink is tolerable OR get kids vitamins gummis/candies that wont make you feel so yucka
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Your not horrible. Do your best to remember because they are important but if you forget to take it every now and then it's not a huge deal. Maybe set some kind of Reminder alarm, like on your phone, to go off everday and remind to take them. It's what I had to do.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• It is very important for you and the baby. If you are getting sick talk to your OBGYN. You can also try another kind. What I used to do is take it after you eat and take it with milk.
    Anonymous

• I am with Sabrina I don't see the need in them and have had very healthy little ones by watching what I eat and making sure I am getting balance.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I never took them. The regular ones made me sick and I can only stomach chewable ones (which they didn't have when I was pregnant with my first 3). I tried to take children's chewables but kept forgetting so just gave up. I didn't take any at all with my last 2 and they came out perfectly healthy. They aren't for the baby anyway. They are for mom. Baby will get what it needs but it takes it from mom. I, of course, ended up anemic with each of my pregnancies. But, I think, I'm anemic to begin with so it wasn't surprising.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• They are really important during the first 12 weeks of your pregnancy....There are so many things growing and developing that it is very important. If you were at the end of your pregnancy I'd say it wouldn't be such a huge deal.
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I am also 11 weeks and sometimes I accidentally forget to take mine. I don't beat myself up over it. I had to ask my ob to give me samples though because the ones I was originally taking made me sooooooo sick. Turns out that they were a lot heavier than the ones I have now, so you might want to try a couple different ones.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I am horrible taking any medication/vitamins, so I missed it all the time. Both my girls are very healthy. Make sure you are eating a balanced diet, veggies, fruit, all the good stuff to offset your missed days. justanotherjen is right, my doctor told me that baby will get what it needs and I will be the one hurting in the long run, anemia, osteoporosis later on, etc.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 6:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• don't blame you i mean they 4 your own good but, danm those pills
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2011