What movie would you recommend that best relates to your religion/spirituality?

I love a good movie! If you have any favorites that have a relating theme to your beliefs, which is it?

popcorn

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 6:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• The only one I can think of that comes close is The Mysts of Avalon

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• "The Invention of Lying" with Ricky Gervaise.
    Anonymous

• @Anon...HE'S FUNNY AS HELL!!! I just watched the trailer, and now Im adding it to my Netflix queue!

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Ha! I love this question. Off the top of my head, The Lion King and Star Wars! LOL They say Avatar depicts Pantheist ideas; I thought that was ok but a little overrated IMO. I'll have to think about this one for anything else.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• @pam19...I love Lion King.

Actually to answer my own question I would have to say Lion King AND Avatar! Yeah, especially Avatar - its deep.
    sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Narniaaa - Doesn't relate to my beliefs but it does to Christian beliefs and I'm partial to a little Catholicism with my breakfast :P. Lord of the Rings as well, however more in the book the Silmarillion - so unfortunately you'd have to read it and not watch it. Hopefully they'll make the movie soon! Although I think for people who weren't die hard LOTR fans it would get boring and probably not bring in any money...
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I agree with Sabrina, The Myst Of Avalon.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Actually to answer my own question I would have to say Lion King AND Avatar! Yeah, especially Avatar - its deep.

----

I did like Avatar, but I missed seeing it in the theatre with my husband and BIL, so I saw it on a medium size tv instead of a huge IMAX screen in 3D like they did. I just felt like I was a little let down after all the hype, but it's probably really that I missed having the experience they had with it.

Disney's Pocahontas, The Matrix, and Seven Years in Tibet are a few others I thought of--the first about Pantheism the other two have Buddhist themes. I've never heard anyone say it besides my husband, but he thought King Kong had some Buddhist themes--basically about what desire and attachment to desire will do to us.

Fun question! :-)
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• My hubby said mine would be Hocus Pocus. "AMOK AMOK AMOK"

Honestly I can't think of a one that would work. Of course I did jokingly say, The Craft

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• @pam...how could I forget the Matrix, Duuh!!!! Another favorite that I would add to the list! I love Avatar b/c its about astral projecting, earth worship, holistic healing and sooo much more! The big screen was definitely an experience in 3D.

@SpiritedWitch...I really like The Craft, and wish I could find more movies like it.

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 8:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2011