If no man is to know the date nor hour, WHY THE HELL are there "signs" of the end of days???

Ok, I had to get that off my chest...

frustrated

The bible says that no man knows the hour nor date/time that Jesus/Messiah would come/return, and that ppl are not to try to figure it out, so why give those who do believe signs of a comming? Does it not confuse you?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 7:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Religious Debate

• That's why I always point out where does it say dead birds is a sign the end is near
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I think it's to scare the crap out of us ;)
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• signs are supposed to happen over time so if you take the time to actually read revelations yes it tells us that no one will know when it will end but pay attention to the things that have been going on in the world in recent years guaranteed you will find lots in revelations
    MyOpionCounts

Answer by MyOpionCounts at 7:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Well the bible also tells you the signs of the last days and how people will be. I believe God wants people to know what to look out for he doesnt want anyone to be in the dark. Do you know how crazy the world would be if God gave us a date!
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• That's why I don't believe ANYONE when they give a date or a specific time for the Lord's coming!! NOONE knows except the Lord, so I don't know why everyone freaks out about all of these "signs".
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I think some people need to be busy doing something. I know the end of days will come when nobody knows or expects it.....and honestly, it doesn't bother me not to know when, because I'm ready.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 7:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• @MyOpinionCounts...I've read Revelations, but I feel that (after interpretation) the book specifies general and/or natural events that occur all the time. Well except the trumpet thing, and a few others.

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Because if he told us the date, unbelievers AND believers alike would be doing whatever their hearts desired until THE day! We wouldn't stay on our toes if we knew and in time past there would be no rush for others to convert or for believers to feel compelled to share with others. It's purposeful that we don't know BUT the time is coming soon. No woman knows exactly when she will give birth but when the pains start...she knows it's coming soon and that's where we're at right now, HE is coming soon!
    antivaccinemom

Answer by antivaccinemom at 7:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Matt. and 2tim. i think tell you about the last days
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• The signs are for preparation and awareness. It doesnt give an exact date time or hour. Just seasons. Big difference. No it doesnt confuse me.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2011