for those who've had a broken nose???.. my 1yr old whacked me w/ her head this morning..

right in between my eye & half my nose.. it was the worse pain i've experienced since labor. lol.. i couldnt stop crying it hurt so bad.. then finally it felt numb.. so here i am 9 hours later and my nose isnt bruised at all, and is barley swollen.. there is a tiny little bit of swelling but thats it. however, the pain feels like its getting worse.. my top teeth all ache, ive had a slight head ache all day, & my nose is throbbing off & on...also ive been dizzy throughout the day.

I didnt think that she could possibly break it or anything.. it didnt even bleed when it happened.. Now, im wondering if it sounds like its just sore and bruised inside?? or if I should be calling the doctor or taking my butt to Urgent Care tonight.. im 7 months pregnant, daughter is having surgery in two days, so im not sure If i let it go and see if it gets better in a few days, or just hop on to the doctor!

If you've broken your nose, or hurt it in some way, what was the pain like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• When I was 11 I threw a basketball to someone and it missed them, hit a wall, and rebounded right back at me and hit my nose. I've had a lump on my nose ever since. I didn't go to the doctors then but my nose did bleed a fair amount. The pain was mainly a throbbing in and around my nose that persisted for a few days, it was relieved by ice packs. I still can't remember why we didn't take me to the hospital... But we didn't. I hope that helped at least a little!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• When my oldest was a toddler, he flopped down on me while we were playing and broke my nose. It never bled and it really wasn't even that bruised in the following days, but the pressure was incredible. I went to the ER and got it x-rayed because I just couldn't stand the pressure, and that's how I found out it was broken. I had to see an ENT a week afterward to see if it was healing straight (it was), but other than that, there wasn't much I could do.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Yep. My son did the same thing to me when he was a year old. My sisters two kids each did it to her as toddlers. I didn't swell too bad. I just had blueish bruise over the bridge of my nose.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• My little guy did that to me a couple times. It hurts so bad! I actually had an appointment with my doctor for something else, but asked her about it and she said that when your nose is broken it will bleed or your eyes will bruise.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Yes, they can break your nose like that. My oldest son did when he was an infant. Man it hurt and still does to this day when I hit it wrong.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Have you put ice on it yet. If not do it. I should help.

Answer by louise2 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• sounds like that hurt! But I doubt it's broken
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 8:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I've broken my nose way too many times ** farm life + older brother + being the smallest = one screwed up nose. Every time I've had mine broken I had bruises under my eyes and intense pressure. Like I had plugs shoved up my nose and horrible sinuses and allergy feelings. Hurt. There isn't much you can do other then seeing a doctor asap for you and getting it set straight if it isn't already. Good luck!
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I think you will get black eyes if you broke your nose my cousin fell and her nose swelled but it didnt bleed so we new it wasnt broken also if you google "how do you no if you broke your nose" it says all the things/symptoms i think another was put a q-tip in your nose if it goes all the way up your good if not go to the er :) good luck
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 2:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2011