Any of these Infidelity Stats surprising to you?

I

Infidelity Statistics

Below are compiled statistics on infidelity and marriage:

Percentage of marriages that end in divorce in America: 53%

Percentage of "arranged marriages" (where parents pick their sons or daughters spouses) that end in divorce: 3%

Medical field(s) with the highest divorce rate: psychiatrists and marriage counselors

Percentage of marriages where one or both spouses admit to infidelity, either physical or emotional: 41%

Percentage of men who admit to committing infidelity in any relationship they've had: 57%

Percentage of women who admit to committing infidelity in any relationship they've had: 54%

Percentage of men and women who admit to having an affair with a co-worker: 36%

Percentage of men and women who admit to infidelity on business trips: 36%

Percentage of men and women who admit to infidelity (emotional or physical) with a brother-in-law or sister-in-law: 17%

Average length of an affair: 2 years

Percentage of marriages that last after an affair has been admitted to or discovered: 31%

Percentage of men who say they would have an affair if they knew they would never get caught: 74%

Percentage of women who say they would have an affair if they knew they would never get caught: 68%

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 7:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• It does not surprise me at all, this and many other reason is why i consider myself lucky to have found a man who thinks like I do about infidelity, and have been happily married for 38 years.

Answer by older at 7:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• No, they don't shock me at all. It's just how the world is right now, you've got to fight against the odds.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• ------ > Medical field(s) with the highest divorce rate: psychiatrists and marriage counselors

I wonder why?
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 7:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• If these are remotely correct The BIL and SIL stat is shocking to me and that the average affair lasts 2f!@king years...TWO
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• @Orionsgirl...that one wasn't shocking to me, one time my teacher, who is a communication professor, said something very enlightening. Many people choose their career based off of what they are interested in, or challenges them. That's why we have doctors who chain smoke, nurses who are alcoholics, PE instructors who struggle with their weight, family counselors with skrewed up relationships with their own family.
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2011