Do you think a marriage can survive infidelity?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Not mine!! but I have seen others thinking it has......but the truth is that all I have seen are unhappy couples that lack trust.

Answer by older at 7:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Certainly, as long as the person who cheated feels truly guilty there is always hope.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Yes, both people have to be completely committed. If one person isn't then NO
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• yup
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• We know it has many times. It depends on the people and if they really want it to work. Not if it repeats.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• My marriage can not. We have a zero cheating policy. Both of us fully understand that and are willing to accept the consequences of that. We both know that if we were to cheat our marriage would be over.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• If the SO that cheated wants it to and bends over back ward to make it work.

Answer by louise2 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• My dh and I have survived it. I was the one unfaithful and it wasn't an easy task to have dh have trust in me again. It took 3 years for him to fully trust me and believe I wouldn't do it again. I am so glad he decided to stay with me through all the things I put him through.
    Anonymous

• It depends on the couple and how the innocent one in the marriage handles it. I think that if the couple talk about it even if they need to go to counsling then it could survive.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

^^I completely agree with SleepingBeautee^^ I would not want to work it out. It would be over. Period.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2011