Am I wrong for being upset......

At this moment, I'm feeling a little down because my sister said she will not be attending my baby shower. The reason for her not attending is because she said she is stress. I understand she is going through a dilemma but before taking any part toward the shower she knew her dilemma. I'm hurt because of her stress she is leaving her part not being taken care of.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it's ok to be bummed she won't be there, but I don't think I would make a big deal about it. Clearly she's going thru a tough time and only caring about how her problems affect you seems sort of selfish.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• That doesn't seem like a very good reason to not go to a shower to me! However, I don't know that you can really do anything about it, other than tell her you're sorry she won't be able to share your happy event.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• you can be upset if you want.

isn't gonna change anything though.

It is fully within her rights as a human being to not go if she doesn't feel up to it.

IMHO it's a bit selfish to get mad at someone over something like that.
    Anonymous

• I'd be bummed if my sister couldn't come celebrate with me, stress or no stress. If she's really behind at work and needs to be there instead, that's something...but non-specific stress would make ME feel like she didn't care about me or my baby (though it's probably not at all true). I completely understand where you're coming from!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• thank you for all you view points. I just feel that of all my siblings she would be the one not to be there. she and I are very close. Like I said I understand her dilemma but, it something that she knew may or may not happen. It just bothers me that she will not be there let alone just give up on her part for the shower.
    Anonymous

• About the only thing I can think of that would be an excusable reason for my sister to not attend my baby shower is her own issues with infertility or miscarriage (having had a m/c myself). That being said, my own sister had JUST graduated from college the week before my baby shower and was so exhausted she was there in body, but not in mind. It was like she wasn't there at all. I understand how you are upset...so I guess all my rambling is to say...it depends on her situation.
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 4:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2008