S/O How can you tell if you have had past lives?

The other question started me wondering, okay, made me decide to ask the question ... HOW can you know/tell that you have had past lives?

Please don't crucify me for this ... While playing around with a Ouija board years ago, my friends and I asked about "old souls". All of us were told NO but when we asked about my MIL, it said hers was a very old and wise soul. I can believe that. Your off the wall opinion on that? 

I ask this because I have often wondered about past lives. If I have lived before, I have lived some very violent lives because I never have a dream that does not contain violence of some kind. 

Now I sound like an idiot to myself. *sigh* 

Okay, you can crucify or laugh hysterically now. 

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 8:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• You can find out by doing past life regressions through hypnosis, some psychiatrist do this and are very effective, some use it to cure phobias that are related to past lives.

Answer by older at 8:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I absolutely wish that I could undergo those things where they hypnotise you haha...
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I've had a past life reading done. Sure parts of it totally made sense, but I am ever the skeptic. It was fun to do though.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I have had periods in my life where I thought I believed in reincarnation, but now I think it's more that I believe rebirth which is a slightly different concept. I'm not sure I believe in the concept of a permanent soul for the most part, but I think karma and rebirth are a little easier to accept as possibilities scientifically (with an open mind about these things), if we accept the idea that energy is neither created nor destroyed.

My mom has recurring dreams about being in a war trying to keep a baby quiet before they (whoever they are) are found by soldiers. I'm not really sure what she thinks of it, but it's so realistic to her it's like a memory. It does make me wonder sometimes, but I tend to be a little skeptical even if I can be open minded about these things. Other than hypnosis mentioned above or if people just feel sure that they know or remember something, I'm not sure that you ever can know for sure.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I personally don't believe in it. But, I had an English teacher in high school who did. She had an adopted daughter, and they went on vacation to somewhere in Europe. While there, they toured the home of some famous dead artist, and her daughter had some serious deja vu going on - but very detailed, far beyond typical deja vu. After some research, based on what she "remembered" they concluded that she was one of the artists hundreds of models.

I still don't believe in it, but if they do happen and there is a way to discover them, that seems as plausible a way as any to me.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• well i wont laugh or crucify u...lol..but i never mess around with Ouji boards never..but if u want to know if u had past lives..just say a prayer..meditate..foucus on a white light..then ask your spirit guide to help u out..your spirit guide is who ushered u into this world an will b there to usher u out this world an into the next 1..so they should be able 2 show u an tell u anything u need 2 know..GL

FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 9:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• For me personally (before knowing about past lives) I would be and still am drawn to certain eras in history...
    Collecting items related to that time and studying about it... even learned some of the language of one of the
    two eras ... then a few yrs ago I was reading and learning more of my current path and during a meditation
    session I opened (what I call) a window to the past... and got glimpses of the two past lives/eras of time that
    I believe I once lived... that answered many questions for me as to why I was so drawn to these times in history..

If you are looking to find out your eras/past lives, try a meditation session... ask for guidance from the Goddess/s
    to show you where your soul/spirit has once been...

GL
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Thanks ladies! It's been something that I have wondered about for some time. Many years actually. Hadn't tried the meditation ... I mean, I meditate but not quite THAT focused. I will definitely give that a whirl and see how it goes.

I really appreciate all the suggestions. It's one thing I am really interested in finding out about.
    SpiritedWitch

Comment by SpiritedWitch (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I had a past life regression and came up with a life as a Native American and a life in England. I very much believe they are real. According to my very good psychic, I am on my last life. My husband also has violent dreams, nightly. I think he's had a lot of rough lives. But the fact that you are asking, really is soul recognition and so yes, you've had past lives.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Past lives are more common than you would think. =)

Dreams are one way of figuring out a past life. They'll seem familiar, but they won't be from your current life. If you feel strongly enough about them, I'd make an appointment with a recommended hypno-therapist for a past-life regression session. I'd make several appointments once you've found one who works out well for you.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2011