?

Ok I am 34 weeks and 4 days along right now. I am having lower back pains that come and go but they stay a good while. My pelvic bones hurt all the time, even when i am laying down. I also have groin pains and pressure. Last time I went to the doctor which was on the 29th of December, the doctor said the baby's head was down but that I was not dilating yet. I feel her moving her arms or something really low and i feel her head on my vagina several times a day. My recent doc sent me to get an ultra sound cause i was hurting 2 weeks ago and my due date is now showing a week earlier than it was suppose to be but the tech said its give or take a week or two. But they staff never got the results from the hospital or even called for it. And since my doc is out of town i went to his replacement and he did everything. He seems much better and so does his staff. They said if i decide to switch they will get the results form the hospital and tell me my due date. I love my doctor but i hate his staff cause they been so unorganized and has lost so many things since the beginning. I think I might switch. Would yall switch? They said i can. Also I am wondering if I might have her early. What do yall think? I can barely walk now and it feels like she wants to fall out of me sometimes.

lifeisgreatbut.

Asked by lifeisgreatbut. at 8:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Switch. I switched when I was about 26 weeks because after my ultra sound the doctors office waiting a month before mentioning that they had seen some heart abnormalities on my ultrasound. I was livid. And I only saw the doc twice every other time I saw the nurse practitioner who is the person who gave me the unsettling news (my son is fine, a 2nd ultra sound revealed the condition had cleared up on it's own). When I told my DH (it was a routine check up so he wasn't with me) he said that was it we were going to find another doc. This is a time when your fears and concerns should immeidialty be laid to rest by the people providing your care. If you are more comfortable and happier with the new doc then make the move. This is a time to consider your felling first and not theirs. If they have a problem with it you can explain but at this point they deserve to loose you. Good luck.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 9:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I would switch if I felt that my original provider was not doing their job correctly. I would want someone with me when I'm giving birth, who has everything accurately charted and knows what is going on. It may make it a bit more difficult because you are so close to the end of your pregnancy, but I bet you can get a longer appt at your next appt so you can discuss any quesitons or concerns you might have with your new doctor. You would do this with any new doctor, so it's not that big of a deal that you are doing it now. Better late than never. Hope you have a good experience during your delivery! Good luck!!
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 8:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Just switch and if you feel bad just say, they seemed like they were on top of it and you wanted someone who was going to be here because you had a lot of concerns regarding this pain.

Also...I had that pain the last week of my pregnancy, but I know women who felt it the minute their babies when head down
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• ok ty
    lifeisgreatbut.

Comment by lifeisgreatbut. (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• It never a bad idea to switch providers!! If you feel you are getting better care, move. Don't stay with someone you don't like.
    Good Luck!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 8:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• It is a really bad idea to switch providers this far along in your pregnancy.. It is much to hard to explain right now ..but its a bad idea
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 8:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2011