Gonna sound dumb but...

My daughter has been really active all morning...and I have been having cramps pretty bad. Im 33 weeks along. Is that normal?? Is it cause she is moving or something else!?!?

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I never had cramps while pregnant.. Are you sure it's not gas?
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• She may be moving BECAUSE of the cramps. Call your doctor (or one of the nurses, if that's an option) and describe what you're feeling to him/her. Take the "Safe, rather than sorry" route!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I had light cramps throughout the pregnancy. It was just my uterus stretching. I wouldnt worry about it. If its severe then call but theres really nothing you can do. She could also be pulling on one of your tendons. I had that a lot and it HURT!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• first is it constant pain or does it come and go, cause if its constant then more than likly its your ligiments stretching in your stomach. if it is not constant and it is coming and going then they could be braxton hicks or they could be the real thing. you should call your doctor if your worried. but also he will prolly ask how frequent they are and all that. so if its not a constant pain keep track of how offten they are coming if you have more than 4 bad cramps in an hour it sould be labor
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 3:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• braxton hicks, we all get them through out later in pregnancy
    Anonymous

• DAMNIT!

WHY do all people on here automatically tell a mother that its "just braxton hicks"??? Had I listened to that I would not have made it to the hospital to stop my labor at 33 weeks. *sigh*

Honey, when I went into pre-term labor at 33 1/2 weeks, it felt like period cramps, was pretty consistent (like cramps are) I called my doctor and he said it was nothing but sent me to the OB department to ease my mind, and as it turns out I was in labor (the real deal). The first medication that they gave me actually sped things up, so they had to give me a different kind and it almost didn't work.

Please, call your doctor.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Yes I agree with carolynbarnett. I also hate it when people do that silly taking the fact that they have childern too. So like above me said please call your doctor today and please dont wait another day.
    Anonymous

• I understand everyone wants to help with experiences that they may have went through but, everyone is different. I was in such a problem as yourself. I was pain in my pelvic area. When I was expressing myself to others. I was told that its ligiments strectching. Come to find out I was having pre-term labor contractions. Go with you gut feelings call your doctor and ask to make sure. that is why thy are there to ans all your questions to what you are feeling.
    Godsblessing01

Answer by Godsblessing01 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I cramped through my whole first pregnancy. But I agree take the "safe than sorry" method. You cannot BOTHER your doctor. That is the profession they chose and get paid to do so if you have a concern you should always call.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I agree that you need to talk to you doctor and make sure it isn't worse. For me, when I had the baby jumping and cramping, it was gas. But everyone is different.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2008