Anyone work as an STNA while pregnant? How did you handle all the heavy lifting?

How long into your pregnancy were you able to work until you just couldn't do it anymore? Just curious because I do fine with all the lifting involved right now (I'm 5 months along) so only my belly is starting to get in the way, but I didn't know how many Mom's were able to work as an aide throughout their whole pregnancy. The only time I don't take care of a resident is when they might hit, kick, punch, or bite me...other than that, I do all the lifting that i did before I got pregnant.

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your work should make accommodations for you at this point. Ask them. If they are being hostile, ask your care provider for a light duty note so you can work in a pregnancy safe environment!
    Good Luck!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 8:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I don't need to be put on light duty right now. I do my work just fine and my body is used to the lifting so I handle it pretty well. I just didn't know if anyone else worked as an STNA while pregnant.
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I'm not sure what an STNA is but I was a equine veterinary technician and I worked up til 4 days of my delivery date. I think around 7 months is when my belly really began to get in the way and I couldn't 'jog' the horses anymore, removed horseshoes, or carry boxes up and down the attic stairs. But other than than the slow growth of my belly made it possible for me to make accommodations as needed. I was still assisting with procedures and running anesthesia in surgery. Listen to your body, if you feel like your not comfortable doing something just let your employer know. Good luck.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 9:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2011