Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

A food handler's card

Do you need a food handler's card to work in a school cafeteria?


Asked by zboys at 8:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 19 (7,074 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • I think it depends on the state you are in, when I lived in MO you didnt have to have one, but in OK you have to have one if you work in a rest. or school ect.

    Answer by lchristianson5 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

  • Not sure but I'll bump for ya!

    Answer by genagina at 9:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

  • Check with the state. You can contact the board of education and ask.

    Answer by musicpisces at 1:46 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

  • It depends on what you're doing in the cafeteria. My guess is yes. But your potential employer should be able to tell you whether or not you need one. They are fairly easy to get and only cost a small amount of money- which a lot of employers will reimburse you for.

    Good luck! =)

    Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

  • I'd get one to be on the safe side. They're like 15 bucks or something. (Plus an added bonus is that you'll probably go up in the hiring rankings if you have one even if it's not required.)

    Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2011