Periods/Contractions

Alright so yesterday I went to the er, and I explained to the doctor that I felt like I have period pains, she says well you should be fine, well that's when I have the monitors showing contractions every 1-2 minutes...why do some people think that periods can't hurt, or they are no big deal! Every month I felt like poo, and I'm sorry I just don't think some people feel the same as others.

Update, yes I'm pregnant, hence the contractions! I'm 36 weeks today, and my baby is fully developed, w/ 2 ultrasounds to prove this. She weights in at 6lbs 3oz, which doesn't mean I want to have her now. The point is, I have a question, Do you think that it's possible that some people have worse periods than others? Why would a doctor go and just think that a period cramping is so minimal of a pain?

b_stotka

Asked by b_stotka at 8:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Menstrual cycles are different for every woman. Your pain might be from the Braxton Hicks contractions. About a month before I delivered I started having the BH's. My entire abdomen would get really hard and "contract". My back would ache and I would feel pressure in my pelvis and I also was swollen and puffy. Your so close to your finish line so BH's are just getting you ready. Is this your first child? Good luck.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 9:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Who said period cramps don't hurt?
    Do you do anything for your cramping? I've heard that a change in diet can help but I like food too much to go gluten or dairy free.
    What about Dong Quai tea or herbal caspules? It helps to regulate your cycles.
    My friend here sells herbal teas that might help.

Also a warm bath? Heating pad? and midol.

Sorry your hurting.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 8:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• My labor pains felt nothing like period pains. My uterus was under my boobs(as is every preg woman) so the it was just really tight and painfull all over. When i think of period pains I think of lower abdominal
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Boy some people are really mean, Thank you to those who aren't rude, and actually understand.
    b_stotka

Comment by b_stotka (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• they say that you are supposed to not be able to walk or talk, that's how painful they are supposed to be...mine however were painless and i had to lie and say i was in pain for them to check me...i was 6 cm and gave birth 4 hours later naturally painless
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• When I have a period, I am bloated, my ovaries hurt, I have swallon extremities, my back is in angishing pain, and that is where it all started. I didn't ask for a play by play on where my uterus is, because believe me, I am very well aware that it is 6 inches above my belly button that is also sore! Please have some compassion people! I wouldn't talk to you all this way!
    b_stotka

Comment by b_stotka (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Yes, everyone experiences a different period. No one has the same cycle, just like no one is the same as another person. Also, some women have a higher level of pain tolerance.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 1:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Ummm,you put this in PREGNANCY!!!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Why were you put on a monitor for period pain?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• How am I mean? You were asking about period pain

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2011