Sharp, pulling pain when standing up in early pregnancy

Hey girls. I had a quick question. I've noticed that if I stand up too quickly, I get this sharp, pulling pain in my uterus area. Have any of you experienced this?

sage12

Asked by sage12 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My guess would be that it's round ligament pain (you're going to start hearing a LOT about this), but I'd call my doc with any unfamiliar pain. They'll probably tell you the same thing, but better safe than sorry!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• i agree, thats probably what it is. i have the same problem, it will last all the way till the end. if i stand up too quickly it i get a shrp pain in my lower abdomen, and thats what i was told early on. but like she said anthing that is new to you let your doctor know that way you can be informed
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 3:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• One word, NORMAL:) You will have that through your whole pregnancy. Your body is stretching and doing things it is not used to doing. Dont worry too much. If the pain in unbearable call the doc immidiately!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• oh god...i know what thats like..im experiencing things i dont think anyone else has! lol. but it is normal..sadly, but truly it is!
    Anonymous