Regarding wine

O.K, don't laugh. I'm a newbie when it comes to drinking alcoholic beverages. I've stayed away from them all of my life, but now I'm ready to try something new. Do they help a person to relax? What would you recommend for someone who has no taste for wine? (I've tried it once or twice but don't like it.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I LOVE this wine, Mogen David wine. They make it in concord or blackberry. It is a sweet wine. Not dry, not tht make your cheeks pucker when it goes in your mouth. It's only $13 for a jug of it as well. I came across it at a church that used it for their communion. It's a "kosher" wine. Try it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I love pinot grigio (Bella Sera) and I love it! It is mild and def helps me relax. If I have more than 2 glasses Im ready for bed! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I meant i drink pinot and love it! lol Not love it and love it
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Red wines tend to be sweeter and not as dry. Look for Blackberry or Merlot. A cheap one that you can try that is sweet but not too sticky sweet is Arbor Mist Blackberry.

White wines tend to be on the dry side.

Go to a local winery for a tasting. you will learn a lot.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I agree, I would go to a local winery and taste different kinds. I'm not a big wine drinker either but there is a red sweet wine that is my favorite although I wouldn't drink it all the time. you might be surprised though! it's fun to taste them, you could make a girl's day out of it.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Try wine with food that compliments the flavor. For whites: chicken, fish, pastas, salads For reds: beef and dishes with hearty sauces For dessert wines- cheeses and desserts Food generally makes the wine taste better.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• You might not like what I like. You need to start learning about wines. Find (free) wine tastings. www.localwineevents.com

Answer by rkoloms at 10:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2011