Question for all the mom's that have kids close in age...

I have a 20mth old and I am 7 mths preg. My question is how do you keep up with your 2yr old while carrying the carrier? I'm sure I will work something out that works for me but right now I have to carry my almost 2yr old other wise she runs where ever she wants...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Buy a sling/wrap/buckle carrier. You will have two free arms, and move as fast as you could just holding the baby. Plus, two year old can be in the stroller or cart and baby can be with you. WIN! You can learn about the different kinds tons of places, including here: http://carrymeaway.com/pages/articles2.html. My favorite BY FAR is the Ergo baby carrier: www.ergobabycarrier.com. I did Disney with that thing, and never felt strained, and it's a good posture position for both you and baby. Plus, it can be a front, side, or back carrier. Man, they should pay me for advertising like this! lol. I got the referral from another mom and have gotten other moms to buy or borrow mine since and everyone has been thrilled with it so far. There is also the Earth Huggy Baby Carrier and the Beco, in the same style, but I haven't used them. Whatever you do, don't get a store-bought infantino sling or carrier, not safe and hurt your back!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Double stroller that holds an infant seat or I hold the carrier with one arm(elbow folded) and hold the other childs hand. My children are 2 and 4 now.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• My kids are almost exactly what yours will be. My daughter is 4.5 months now. I made my son into my "helper". He helps me carry the car seat...that way I know he is seen by other cars. Double stroller is great, too, but difficult to navigate in dept stores.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 9:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Mmm...well I have a 3 y/o, 17 m/o, and a 7 m/o...I'm also pregnant. Ha ha... I have a triple stroller. Works fine.
    GENERALLY...I have no problems. I hope it works out for you. I think you'd need a double, since you don't have 2+.
    Good luck.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• yeah i do the double stroller too. I have a 2 year old and a 14 month old. It aint that hard once you get the hang of it,
    CandyMama231

Answer by CandyMama231 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I would try out a double stroller, that might work. My oldest is 4 and my youngest is 14 months. I didn't get the double stroller when my youngest was born, because my oldest would have outgrown it in less than a year. Luckily, my 4 year old is such a big help to me with taking care of her baby sister!
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 11:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• try a leash.. they have them at all stores they work good...they have some that look like backpacks, my son has on with a dog on his back he loves it....
    niftymisty

Answer by niftymisty at 1:02 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Try the bear thats on her back and has a leash attached or the double stroller i no i tried the double stroller and hated it but she is able to walk and hold my hand and she gets out of hand ill just carry her :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 3:29 AM on Jan. 5, 2011