Why is it frowned upon to have a job or work?

This is the weirdest site for this. Why are you discouraging women from working? So many people on here are complaining about money, but no one wants to work. I understand the lay offs and things like that, but if a mom asks should she work, or how hard would it be to get a job, why discourage that? For God's sakes if you can find a job, want to work and are an able bodied person, then please get a job! I've never seen anything like this in my life. Why is work such a bad thing? Doesn't everyone need money? I don't want to hear how your husband makes tons of money, because I am NOT talking to you! I simply want to know, why are you discouraging women from working? This isn't the 50's, is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• Oh, don't worry OP! I'm one of the mom's who tells them to get a job...but the responses are not always friendly. Working mom's seem to be looked down upon on this site. I think to each their own, but it's a common fight on here.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• its a never ending cycle... SAHM's tsk tsk the working moms and working moms tsk tsk the SAHM's

it just depends on what side youre on
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I work outside the home, but I would never fault a mom for being a SAHM. If it was possible, I'd love to stay home with my little guy. Unfortunately, as a single mom, I have to work.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I haven't noticed this except from a few ladies.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I think the people who are on here bitching about how they can't pay their bills or their family is about to go to a shelter need to get their priorities straight. 1st of all, get rid of the internet!! Spend that money on some other bill, or on RENT!

I fully support women working. If you're not able to work due to health or injuries I understand that. If you're perfectly capable of it, get a job! The economy isn't that bad to where NO one is able to find work! If that's the case, we'd all be in the poor house.

It's laziness on some women's part, but it's also them not managing their priorities correctly.
    Anonymous

• The women that question it need advice on...Is it worth it? The cost of day care instead of staying home...If I worked we would need 2 cars,then 2 children in day care would cost about 800 to 1000 a month...then the gas and blah blah blah..So we SAVE money with me being a SAHM...
    But no matter HOW many times i say that I will forever be considered a lazy SAHM y other mothers...I say do whatever makes you happy and doesn't break the bank.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I agree 100%!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i agree with you 100% . noone should be discouraged from working.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• It's frowned upon?

Why is who discouraging women who want to work from working?

I missed something.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• It is the same debate. Moms are so insecure about their own decisions they have to criticize everyone else's decisions.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2011