how did u get your boys potty train

need help with potty training my 2 1/2 year old son he will be going to school in august or in sept

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I started training around 16 months...it tooks about a month.
    Keep at it, when he has to go, make sure you get him to the potty!

Or, make sure he knows to go there...just use repetition. My mom potty trained me very young,
    it is how its done back in my country...starting around 15-18 months. He is 2 1/2 so he should catch on.

Good luck.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• he wear pulls up but when it time to take showers for him he goes pee every time or some time when i or his dad goes to the bath room he says he wants o go pee and goes and alot of time he will tell us that hes soak
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Oh..ok. So hes already went pee pee, (lol) when he says he has to go?
    Just work with him in letting you know- maybe tell him to dash off to the bathroom when
    he feels he has to go. That way he doesn't have to "hold it" as soon as he knows its time to go!

Repeat, repeat, repeat! He will catch on, I promise.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• took*
    khf22

• A lot of ppl swear by putting fruit loops in the toilet too. To give them something fun to shoot at! GL
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• LMAO. I don't know about all that...but hey if it works, do it.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• ya i heard about that too
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• ya he thinks he cute when he goes pee i ask him if he want to wear under wear and he tell me no alot of people told wait untill the sumer so he can pee out side by the tree
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I helped potty train my nephew and what we did was put cheerios in the toilet and told him to sink them, lol! He loved that game and before we knew it he was asking to go potty and never peed his pull up again. The trial will be encouraging him to go poop on the potty.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i heard alot of putting cherrios in the toilet but haent tryed but i can once i get better since i was pregant and i might of lost the baby last week
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2011