A bill denying citizenship to children of illegal immigrants...

A few of Arizona's legislators are going to be unveiling this legislation in Washington, tomorrow. I will try and find a few links to share... State Lawmaker Wants To Deny Citizenship To Babies Of Illegal Immigrants In Congress, A Harder Line On Illegal Immigrants Your thoughts on this?

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with it 100%. If the parents are illegal then the kids should be too. I feel that you should be a citizen of where you live. Just as if I had a baby in Europe I wouldnt want them a Eurpean citizen. Especially bc of all the bs it would be gettting back to the states
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I'm all for it!! Anchor baby policy is the stupidest thing ever. If you're illegal and have a baby here, you return to your country with your baby. Period. YOU'RE ILLEGAL!!!
    Anonymous

• I think the Constitution should be amended to read something along the lines of, the 14th Amendment does not apply to persons born in the US where both parents (or possibly one parent) were residing illegally in the US at the time of the person's birth. The original intent of the 14th Amendment was to grant citizenship to freed slaves.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 10:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• It would stop a lot of illegals from rushing into the states to give birth so the could stay. I have seen this happen hands on growing up in southern CA watching illegal aliens just walking into the ER ready to give birth and never had a drop of prenatal care. Happens a lot.
    If I gave birth in Mexico or any other country, my child couldn't be a citizen. Plain and simple. Why are others entitled to this in the US?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• 100% agree! This should have been done a long time ago!
    MrsHatch4

Answer by MrsHatch4 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I agree! A child born to an illegal, is an illegal...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• If I break the law, I go to jail. I do not, and never will, think that any laws should be bent or broken that I, born and raised in Kansas, can't bend or break.
    Hey, want to live here? Fine. Move on in. Be my neighbor, we'll have a BBQs and play dates. But don't disrespect me and my country by breaking our laws to do it.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• All for it ..we have to draw the line somewhere it's too bad that our government hasn't really enforced our immigration laws that have been on the books for many years.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:46 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• And by where you live I mean where you are from/citizen of
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• sweetakins, I don't need to look anything up. It is in fact an issue. I grew up around it hands on. I worked with illegals and their families for years. I know what goes on.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2011