Getting pregnant after C-section

Does it take longer to get pregnant if you had a C-section as opposed to a vaginal delivery? I would like to have another baby in a year but am wondering if I should start trying sooner than I normally would or not. I got pregnant pretty quickly with the first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't think it would take any longer. It's more about when you ovulate than when you last delivered, and there's no difference in when you'll next ovulate post c-section or post vaginal birth. It's good to let your uterus health completely, however, particularly if you have hopes of a VBAC. Most doctors won't do a VBAC if your last delivery was less than 2 years before the next one.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i got pregnant four months after so i dont think so
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• It will be a year and a half after my first C-section that I plan to start trying. I just didn't know if having had a C-section, if it would make it harder to conceive again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• no i dont...and it took me me 2 yrs after my c-section to have my second kid. it all depends on ur body
    niftymisty

Answer by niftymisty at 12:59 AM on Jan. 5, 2011