Does lactational amenorrhea (not having a period when nursing) go away and then come back? adult content

I had didn't have a period for *almost* two years after I had my daughter, due to nursing. Then it came back, regular as always, about a week long, starting the first three days of the calendar month, since August. So, three regular cycles. Then in November, I thought I might be pregnant, but my period just came really late, the 16th, and was really light (3 days). I haven't had a period at all since then. Nothing since Nov. 16th. Took two tests, one before Christmas and one today, both negative. Could lactational amenorrhea have come back again? Has that ever happened to any of you? Thanks so much, in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's not really that it "comes back" but it can cause you to have VERY irregular periods for 6-12 months after your cycles start back up.

I would personally go to the doctor anyways just to make sure there are no other underlining issues
    Anonymous

• Thank you. Yeah, I've been considering that, but I wasn't sure if a couple of irregular periods after just starting up again was that serious.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2011