Does lactational amenorrhea (not having a period when nursing) go away and then come back? adult content

I had didn't have a period for *almost* two years after I had my daughter, due to nursing. Then it came back, regular as always, about a week long, starting the first three days of the calendar month, since August. So, three regular cycles. Then in November, I thought I might be pregnant, but my period just came really late, the 16th, and was really light (3 days). I haven't had a period at all since then. Nothing since Nov. 16th. Took two tests, one before Christmas and one today, both negative. Could lactational amenorrhea have come back again? Has that ever happened to any of you? Thanks so much, in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Are you still nursing? Periods can be super irregular while nursing. Also, your hormones may still be getting back on track. It can take awhile to work out the kinks. If you're concerned, speak to your doctor. Peace of mind is invaluable. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:48 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Thank you! Yes, still nursing. Um, I'm not concerned so much as I'm wondering if I should be concerned. You know?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2011