End of the world.... destruction of the earth???

This is a question based on a question I read earlier..... (Honestly not sure which category to put this in???)

Is it arrogant for people to believe that anything we do (pollution, carbon footprint, etc.) will "destroy" the earth?

Are we really just changing the environment and making it uninhabitable for humans?

Will the earth cease to exist if/when humans do or will it just continue whether we inhabit it or not?

FeelinYummy

Asked by FeelinYummy at 9:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• if we werent here the earth would go on. i cant think of anything we do for the earth that the earth couldnt do on its own, but i can think of tons of things we do (smog, oil spills, pollution etc) that the earth could probably do without
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• We, the consumers, absolutely need to make better choices with what we buy, as far as packaging and disposing but the global warming crap has been exposed to be just that, CRAP!

I believe in GOD, GOD created all sorts of natural cleansing agents, HE knew we would be idiots. Just to name a few, in the waters, we have all sorts of bottom feeders, catfish, shrimp, crab, lobster, etc, all fish that do NOT have fins and scales are cleansers of the waters, they are unclean, according to the Bible. Pigs clean the earth, they also are unclean, according to the Bible. And we have vultures, yuck, but they do serve their purpose, they are unclean because they eat all sorts of bad things. The trees remove carbon dioxide from the air and so on and so on… GOD had a master plan for his children… That is my opinion, anyway...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• In the words of the late, great St. George...the planet is fine...

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• "I believe in GOD, GOD created all sorts of natural cleansing agents, HE knew we would be idiots". This is very interesting to me. Honestly, I'm not trying to bash you or your beliefs at all agentwanda, I honestly don't understand & when I've asked ?'s I'm "shooshed". If he's "all knowing" & knew things before they existed why would he purposely create the human race knowing in advance we'd be a bunch of idiots & by creating us he'd have to have his only child die a gruesome death in order to save our souls? Also, if he's really so powerful wouldn't he be able to save our souls w/out that? Or at least just declare that there is no blood shed or suffering required, that he's GOD & what he says goes??? If he's all powerful & all knowing why isn't he the one that sets the rules??

FeelinYummy

Comment by FeelinYummy (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Because that is not what the "christian" God is really taught to be, If you were Muslim you would have found PEACE (clap, clap, clap) God is not an idiot, he knows everything!!!

Things just are, hes not a blood thristy. His mercy overpowers his wrath. JEALUS? YES VERY! God doesnt need a system to commicate with God, he is the system, the government, he is life.

God isnot human, he doesn require rules imposed on himself to make sense for humans, humans will never fully comprehend his holiness glory and power.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2011