Why in the hell does anyone care now???

So we announced to my hubby's family that we are moving to another state to be closer to my dad who is very ill. I also have other family who wants us there so they can have a part in my kids lives.

During the time we have been here none of his family calls. We rarely get together. They don't show up when we invite them places and don't make us a priority. And most of them are heavy drinkers with a long history of disfunction. So, that's fine. I have 8 people in another state chomping at the bit to be in our lives. The houses were cheap and we have better jobs.

So we announce that we are moving in May. All of a sudden they have a problem with it. Say we are abandoning them. That we are leaving our family. And that we don't care about them, even calling us selfish!! In five years they haven't bothered. We have tried to do things with them. We always send cards and gifts for holidays, no one cares.Why would they want us around now? Why do they care so much?? Does this sound silly to anyone else??

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• because they are faced with the fact that your leaving....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Oh, I understand completely!! We are moving at the end of this month, and my SIL's had to nerve to CRY, at Christmas, because we were leaving. They are big fat jerks and that's the best I can say about them - they have given me nothing but grief since I married their brother 6 years ago. People like that LOVE the drama, they'll get over it. Best of luck on your move!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Scuba, you always know what to say! :D

I think it is all about drama too. It seems as if they create a situation so there is drama.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• My guess would be it's because you and your family are moving.If you hadn't made the announcement things probably would have remained the same.You have good reasons to move and you will be bettering(new word????????)yourselves by having better jobs.
    Good luck in your new venture.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 9:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• They don't care, except for that you won'e be around in case they have to use you for something.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 12:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2011