Will I ever want sex again? adult content

My daughter is now 3 months old and I haven't wanted to have sex with my fiance'. I don't know if it is because I am worried about getting pregnant again, or maybe I am too exhausted from being a new mom, or maybe I just don't want it. I don't know. Will I ever want it again?

kricky422

Asked by kricky422 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• It is called being a new mom. Take one day at a time.
    Anonymous

• Phase. You will soon enough. Relax;)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I don't know. It's been two years for me.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• It took me a long time (had lots of scarring and sex was painful). On top of it I was exhausted from waking all during the night! It's perfectly normal to not want sex. You and your fiance are learning your new roles as parents, your drive WILL return! Just give yourself time to adjust!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• It's normal, and probably all of what you mentioned contribute to your lack of sex drive. As to when it will return...no telling. Could be sooner, could be later. My daughter is 20 months old, and I've just gotten to the point of wanting to have sex enough to initiate it. It took me about a year after my first.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i agree with all previous posters.. u will wanna again. but u can also talk to ur obgyn about it
    BrookesMommy824

Answer by BrookesMommy824 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• just give yourself some time,don't stress yourself out. Just concentrate on being a mom
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Im going on my second year... when you find out, pass the word along! LOL I think I am going in to talk to my OBGYN, don't wait this long. But I think 3 months is just normal. take it easy, take care of your new little baby, and enjoy the cuddle and relax time you get!
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 11:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Not being interested in sex after having your child is not normal...atleast for some mothers...it goes on a case by case basis. I know when I had my children, I wanted sex right away and then there are others who are turned off by it...if it continues and becomes a problem for you and your spouse, talk with your doctor...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011