10 month old speech

My dd has stopped saying Mama!! She has been saying it since she was 5 months old, but she hasn't said it in about a month now!! She'll say Dada, Nana, Bye, Dog, just not Mama! She is calling me, my hubby, and her big sister Dada. Should I be worried? Why the sudden change?

jluvskija

Asked by jluvskija at 3:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yup... pretty normal. both my kids said some words by that age then stopped sometimes for a few months and picked it right back up again when they were interested in it again... lol No worries! I believe the interest may have switched to another word or another activity because thats what happened with mine. Keep me updated!
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 3:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• its normal.. my daughter calls everyone mama lol... she use to say love u and stopped saying that.. dont worry about it she will pick it back up :)
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Thanks! *whew*
    jluvskija

Answer by jluvskija at 3:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Just for an overview : Walk at 1, talk at 2, think at 3. Any play she does with talking, or any things she STOPS playing with, aren't indications of her talking ability. She has so many other ways that she is growing, too - not everything can stay consistent. Some things move to the fore and then fade to the background while other challenges are being handled - both physically and mentally. Hope you continue to enjoy her. Have fun !!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• my son did the same thing with byebye! at that age they just do things like that! idk why!! but she'll be fine! just repeat it to her and she'll pick it back up when she is ready! lots of babies dont start saying things like that till almost 2 so its fine!!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 7:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2008