What veggies are considered bad for you because of the starch?

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 9:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Corn, potatoes, sometimes carrots. They aren't exactly bad for you, just higher glycemic index, and more calories than most other choices.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 10:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Potatoes and corn would be the biggest I would think but don't go too crazy with natural starches its okay just please stay away from processed foods. A bread is processed because it require manufacturing. I wish people used common sense with dieting. If you cannot grow it, pick it or hunt it and eat it in its original state than that is processed food.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• meant to say all bread*. Yes wheat grows but try to eat a stalk of wheat without some kind of processing that is what I meant if it cannot be eaten in its pure natural state than maybe we should just not eat it. Read about the paleolithic diet. Makes perfect sense. I need to get back on it my health is down the crapper now that I am eating like everyone else again.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Corn, all potatoes, yams, carrots, Lima beans.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i was always told any white veggies has a lot of starch and to stick to green or red
    mom_of_2_girlz

Answer by mom_of_2_girlz at 6:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2011