Ever feel like pulling your hair out

Ever have one of those days where your nerves are shot to pieces. And the kids and the hubby push the buttons. Like the children won't listen, the hubby works all day comes home and then eats dinner and straight to bed. Any advice on how to deal with this, cause it isn't always like this. Normally he helps me out but here lately he hasn't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• Try telling him you need a little help. Explain to him that your stressed and you need a little mommy time, my hubby busts his BUTT at work and when he comes home he doesn't feel like dealing with the kids either. I try to be sympathetic, but we are a team and he does his best. I'm sure if you talked with him rationally he would be sympathetic towards you. If all else fails do what I do when my hubby gets a hair up his butt and won't help, hand him the kids and leave lol. Sounds harsh, but he loves them too much to let anything happen to them and if you leave him no choice he'll make sure they live.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 3:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Do you know why he isn't helping anymore? Can you talk to him about it?

When I am having one of those days and I catch myself getting swept up in my bad mood, I have a little trick that I use. I do simple math in my head. It forces you to be calculated and rational, and so it calms you down. Give it a shot.

I also try to be a little extra gentle and kind with myself when I am in a bad mood.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My husband is usually great but sometimes I know he is really tired so I don't fuss at him if he has a rough week and needs to rest. I stay at home and sometimes I am tired too and he doesn't complain at me if I need a little R & R time. My nerves sometimes go absolutely insane and I just tell my husband..."I need to hear it." and he gives me a big ole hug and says, "It's all going to be aaallright." It instantly makes everything better. I hope this helps.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 3:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2008