Well I get the TERRIBLE MOM AWARD FOR THE DAY!

My son is around me all day everyday. Most days I love it, but today was just an awful day! He did nothing but get in trouble at the daycare I work at then diliberetly would not listen when asked to do something. Threw enormous fits like none i've never seen before over pottying when he was the one who asked to potty! Then we get home and he still is acting out like crazy even with my undivided attn! Well durning bath time I just lost it...yelled in his face and bawled like crazy! Immediately i felt awful...hugged my newly 2 year old son (just turned 2 sunday) and apologized. he didn't act up anymore after that til his dad came home...then my husband got frustrated and went off on me...it has just been an awful day. Thankfully my husband is a forgiving husband and can admit when he is wrong. This isn't a question...sorry just vent

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• aww sorry! ur not a bad mom! some days we just need a break! *hugs*
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• youre a bad mom for yelling at your son? people yell at their kids all the time, i hardly think its grounds for an award :p maybe if you yelled at him and beat him up

or like that lady that killed her 4 month old because he wouldnt stop crying while she wanted to play farmville!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• He is just testing you both to see if he gets his own way.
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 10:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Haha! We would all be terrible moms. You do not get a special award! :)

If I got an award for every time my 2 year old got me to yell and cry out of frustration-- I could fill up a whole shelf!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• - Also I remember one time, it was the end of the day and I ended up yelling at him and putting him to bed. Then my husband came home later and found me in tears because he went to sleep knowing mommy was mad at him. I snuggled him in the morning. It was awful!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• You're not terrible at all! Everyone has a breaking point. While you could have vented in other ways, you didn't really have much of an option to walk away, while your son was in the tub. He is testing your patience and is trying to find out how far he can go before you break. In other situations, my advice would be to make sure he is in a safe place and walk away for a couple mins, even just go to the bathroom for a minute. I hope you feel better, mama. GL
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 10:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• girl you are not a bad mom, he's at the age where he's gonna throw tantrum.You did good by hugging him, just appreciate the age in someday you'll look back all you'll have is memories.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Oh goodness, do you know how many times I have yelled at my DD and then cried because I yelled? Lol it happens to the best of us and most of the time its because we need a break and our kids are just trying our patience. I remember one time yelling at my 3 year old and then cried myself to sleep and wished I could apologize. She ended up crawling in bed with me and snuggling up to me in the night. She woke up and told me SHE was sorry and gave me hug and kiss. I felt awful and told her that mommy was sorry.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Don't feel bad. Our two year old gets yelled at all the time. She's CONSTANTLY getting in trouble, all day every day. She never listens. She will look straight at me and DELIBERATELY ignore/defy me. Sassy. She'll just glare and say "No yell ME!" Or "No talk me, I tryin to talk to Daddy." (Even if she really wasn't talking to Daddy at all lol.)
    I only feel bad when she gets put in timeout too close to bedtime, then goes to sleep while she's there. I don't like for her to fall asleep still thinking we're mad at her.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 11:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Well, he's definitely hit the terrible two's. We all have our bad days, don't be so hard on yourself. You did the right thing by apologizing to your son, admitting you are wrong to your child is a good thing. We're not perfect by any means. At least you realized what you did. I think you did great.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2011