fruit flies

I have fruit flies coming out of my bathroom drain for some reason! Can anyone tell me how toget rid of them and possibly what is causing this? It's my sink drain, by the way, didn't know if that matters or not!

MommysAngels810

Asked by MommysAngels810 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Are they fruit flies or "sewer flies"? Fruit flies are tiny tiny---about the size of a really dull pencil lead. Sewer flies are about the size of the tip of a dull crayon. Much bigger than a fruit fly. That being said, I don't know how to get rid of them, but maybe that will help you google a solution! Good luck!
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 10:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Those aren't fruit flies those are sewer flies. You have to clean your drain. Baking Soda and Vinegar. Snake it out. Draino.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• im going along w/ twinsplus2more....i would think drano would kil them but u will have to try and see why there were there in the first place. best of luck
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2011