concerned about my son i think he has autism

he constantly bangs his head on the floor runs himself head first into walls when he gets mad or tired or bored i have tried everything to get him to stop but he wont do it it has contstantly gotten worse he is loving and attentive to his lil sister but looks away or avoids looking at me when i talk to him and answers would be helpful

iluvmybbys3

Asked by iluvmybbys3 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• talk to your pedi, s/he will refer you to the specialist for testing
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Talk to your pediatrician about your concerns. S/he can help to clarify what's going on. GL
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 10:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I agree, talk to your pediatrician. He or she will be able to direct him to someone who can test him. My 3 1/2 year old was just diagnosed on Monday.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• How old is he? How is his communication and social skills? My Husband and I are concerned that our son might have autism as well. Heres a good website to check out if you havent yet.

http://www.autismspeaks.org/
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I would get into see the doctor to get a repeat physcial exam and medical history to find out what exactly might be going on with your son. I hope you find the answers you are looking for! GL
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 10:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I had my DD tested by the school district I did not knew they would do this since she was too young to go to the school they determined she did not had autism but last year she was diagnosed with epilepsy, your pediatrician could give you a reference to an specialist but if he doesn't you could contact the school district or the first 5 office near you. I went with their testing because apparently my insurance did not cover some of the test.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• thank you every one and jessran1218 he is almost 2 he doesnt really communicate he talks when he wants to but not sentences just one word like sippy or yeap=yes or baby mommy and daddy but that is it
    iluvmybbys3

Comment by iluvmybbys3 (original poster) at 12:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2011