Should I tell my friend her dog pooped & peed in my house?

I didn't find it till she was gone. She has never brought her dog before & probably never will again. I went to put the baby down after she left and my sock soaked up lots of pee. My husband later stepped in poo.

babiesandkids

Asked by babiesandkids at 10:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Why not tell her. I don't think it's offensive. Just say "After you left, I found some pee and poop in the house. Not a big deal, but I wanted to let you know in case he's having problems." I'm sure it's just him marking his territory in a new house and your friend maybe didn't know he does that and can look for it when she takes him to other places.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Well I guess you'll need to tell her when you ask her not to bring her dog in your house again.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I'd tell her, but in a way that she won't get all embarrassed. Especially considering it's doubtful she'll be bringing it again.
    I'd maybe say, "You know, I don't think your dog is comfortable in strange homes, because he had a couple of accidents in the house. No big deal- Just thought I'd let you know."
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• yes i would tell her. thats kinda gross. and dog poop and pee can ruin your carpets if they need to be replaced she should be the one to do it so she should have to know..
    niftymisty

Answer by niftymisty at 12:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I would mention it just in case she takes the dog to other ppls house and it happens :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 2:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2011