What is a Normal first period after giving birth?

My daughter is 7 months now and yesterday I had a little bit of blood when I wiped in the morning and the same thing happened today. My husband and I have been using the pull out method and we know the odds of getting pregnant when using that method. Is spotting normal right before the first period after my child's birth? We wanted another child and will take good care of this child as well, but wasn't really wanting any this soon.

LeeLee1981

Asked by LeeLee1981 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My first period came a month after baby and it was a gusher! I would take a pregnancy test, but everyone is different.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• If you don't want another baby, then you need to use more reliable birth control. Period.
    The first period post-delivery is usually like a regular period.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Same as sunshine..and with horrible cramps and endometriosis pains..I agree with the PP take a test..good luck!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 10:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Are you breastfeeding? If so it can be normal to have some spotting before you start your periods again.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I believe mine started 5-6 weeks after giving birth. I breastfed, nut no all woman get their period while breastfeeding (lucky girls!) if you are still breastfeeding, I believe spotting could be normal. Maybe check with your doctor or see about taking a preg. Test just to be on the safe side. Good luck!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• But not all...sorry bout that
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Everyone is different...
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 1:35 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My first was enough to use a pad from the hospital lol. It wasn't spotting it was a torrential downpour. But if you're breastfeeding it could be much lighter. You may want to take a test.
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 9:53 AM on Jan. 5, 2011