What book(s) are you reading now?

readingAs usual, I have started the year with the goal of reading at least 50 books by next Christmas season. I have alread finished two. Right now I am on John Grisham's newest The Confession and an old Nora Roberts' book First Impressions.

Wondering what you are reading and whether you have some good suggestions for me.

ChezBelle

Asked by ChezBelle at 11:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I just finished The Red Queen by Phillippa Gregory and a free kindle book called sweetie. Now I just started a book called For the King's Favor.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 11:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I'm reading a book on Buddhism right now

Books I have read in the past that I love:
    1. Memory Keepers Daughter
    2. She's Come Undone-Wally Lamb
    3. I Know This Much is True-Wally Lamb
    4.A Million Pieces-James Fray
    5. Eat Pray Love
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• The Bible, just can't get enough of it
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I'm currently reading Stephen King's 'Under the Dome'. So far, very good!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I stayed up late last night finishing the new Rick Riordan book, The Lost Hero. I think I am going to pick up his other new book and read that next. I need to go to the Goodwill and look at their books. I always fine a bunch for $.50-$2. Can't beat that.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Dexter by design - #4 in the series that the show was based off of.... way different
    I have recently read 1-3

An echo in the Bone #7 in the Outlander Series

Waiting until March to read the new Jean Auel that is from the Earth Childrens Series Wish it was sooner it will be almost 9 years since last book.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i got a book called shit kids ruin from barns and nobles..haveing kids i loved this book with the pictures and the captions so funny cause u know what kids get into. this book shows it and so very funny.also reading a factbook about everythig called.....ultimate book of bizarre lists its huge but so intresting. life and death,work and play, between the sheets, science and nature,around the world..its a book its hard to put down..highly recomend it!!!
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Right now I'm reading The Mists of Avalon, The Princess Bride, and To Stir a Magick Cauldron. I just finished Night by Elie something, it's about the holocaust.

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Reading Lord of the Flies for book club right now. Just finished The Other Life by Ellen Meister, which was good (doesn't pub until February). I loved Orson Scott Card's new book, Pathfinder. Juliet by Anne Fortier is also very good.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• "Waiting until March to read the new Jean Auel that is from the Earth Childrens Series Wish it was sooner it will be almost 9 years since last book."

Holy CRAP! I thought the last book was the last book in the series. I guess I will have to find my old copies of her other books and reread them in preparation of the next book.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2011