When do you give in?

Sometimes you have to agree or disagree with your child. When do you give in when you shouldn't or when do you stay strong?

jen2774161

Asked by jen2774161 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• If you are going to give in, do it immediately. Otherwise, the child will think that if they just hold out, or whine, or argue, or cry, or whatever a little longer, you will finally give in to them. Then the next time, it is worse and louder and longer. It took my husband a while to learn that with our son and it turned into a mini-nightmare but he finally figured it out. You have to pick your battles and know which things you will not give on no matter what.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 11:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• dont give in...if you just give in all the time they will walk all over you..i see it alot with my friend and her daughter... she gives into everything with her, and she is a total brat now. she stays out late does what she wants when she wants.. you need to keep your ground now.....
    niftymisty

Answer by niftymisty at 12:19 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I never give in because then they will think mommy is a push over but what i will do is compromise
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Chez nailed it for me. My son started doing this with me during summer one year. Oh geez, it was like a slow water torture technique. Drove me nuts. AND that was his evil plan, to push and push and push till I couldnt take it anymore. Got rid of that game in a hurry. I was just like Chez dh,,,lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• If it's really important, stand your ground. There are times you have to. There are other times that things are minor. Any time an issue comes up, ask yourself, how important is this to me? If it's not real important then let it go. The older they get, the harder it is.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I dont give in ever.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER give in UNLESS she gives me a kiss and says "wuv u" but other than that i mean what i say and say what i mean!
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 2:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• dont give in.. if you are just gonna give in, why argue in the first place>
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2011